THE VOICE OF EMERGING MUSIC!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

NMH: YOUR PLAN ! watch in HD setting!

In early february, I was working with this band to help create their first music video. I had first listened to the upload of their new track Dirty Game, and was impressed with the heavier sound . Actually the sound was a leap forward for the band in my opinion, and highlights the writing talent of lead vox Corley Moore.

 I contacted Caleb Kerr and asked about the music, lyrics and engineering of the tracks. And he told me it was recorded at Bradley Recording out of Edmond. Caleb Sent me the new songs and this one stood out to me. It seemed like it wasa bit edgy and gritty. The screams leaped out at me and were unlike the other original songs from this band. I (video) recorded this band last year when they performed at the Samurai, and it was the first time I met them. They sang mostly covers as I recall, and had a good rapport with the crowd,and lively performance, but I do not recall any original songs of this caliber.

 Caleb and I found ourselves discussing Images, and video interpretations of this song over the phone. I thought the song should be told by the lead singers body language and facial expression. The bands fans were not used to seeing the bands faces and eyes, and expressions in the dark club lighting. so this would be something see for them. I wanted the story and emotion to come thru clearly on Corleys face and eyes, and he delivered a riveting and exceptional performance in this video.

 A majority of these scenes had several takes as Corley reached inside and projected the soul and emotions of the lyrics into the videos performance. He really looks like a man on edge, losing it, at the end of his rope and desperate to break free of a controlling and stifling plan that is not his own and makes him feel trapped. The powerful drums of Kris Ballenger , coupled with the Lead guitar of Frank Zarones, and bass player, John Schmitz, all added to the this emotive, alternative rock composition. Good work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment